Welcome to Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance – (800) 527-1200

Since 1968, Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance, a non-profit organization, has served as the sole 911 advanced life support provider for the greater Coulee Region. In 2012, Tri-State Regional Ambulance was formed and serves additional communities in Southwest Wisconsin and Northeast Iowa. Combined, we cover nearly 3,000 square miles of 911 and serve a population of approximately 180,000, Tri-State Ambulance offers its residents and visitors alike unsurpassed pre-hospital care.

Tri-State Ambulance is Hiring!

12096343_1015297178490738_8708542906591725831_nGundersen Tri-State Ambulance is seeking qualified paramedics for our La Crosse and Viroqua operations. Applications are being accepted to fill several full-time paramedic shifts.

With a mixture of rural and suburban communities, our La Crosse and Viroqua locations about 80% of our calls are 911 responses.  The other 20% is interfacility/non-emergency transports.

Be a part of a progressive organization with opportunities for growth including critical care, student preceptors, internal and external EMS instruction, field training officers, and various leadership positions.


Congrats on Your Retirement Lucy!


Lucy Cordes began her career in EMS 40 years ago and has been with Tri-State Ambulance for 26 of those. Throughout these years, Lucy has treated thousands of patients and seen countless changes to the operations and medicine of pre-hospital patient care. We wish her the best in her retirement!

Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance Staff Named Stars of Life

Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance staff named Stars of LifeCongratulations to four Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance staff for…

Posted by Tri-State Ambulance on Thursday, October 15, 2015

Become a Community Lifesaver With the PulsePoint App

Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance is excited to announce the availability of the PulsePoint app in La Crosse County. The PulsePoint app alerts registered users in the event of a sudden cardiac arrest in a public place within their immediate area. Additionally, the app will provide the responder the location of nearby automated external defibrillators (AEDs). Watch the video below and visit www.pulsepoint.org for more information.

Tri-State Ambulance Continues To Be United Way Pacesetter

Tri-State Ambulance Joins Procession For WWII Veteran

Paramedic Crystal Wallin Speaks to The La Crosse Tribune About Working in EMS

Emergency Responders Talk About Coping With Traumatic Incidents