Why Choose Tri-State Ambulance?
- Available 24/7
- Continuous medical control by Gundersen emergency or specialty physicians
- Advanced ambulance and dispatch technology
- State-of-the-art medical equipment including ventilator, heart monitor & IV pump
- Our ventilator is capable of providing the following:
- Assist Control
- SIMV with and without pressure support
- Our monitor is capable of providing the following:
- Continuous monitoring of 4-lead and/or 12-lead ECG
- Non-invasive blood pressure monitoring
- Continuous SPO2 and ETCO2 monitoring
- Transcutaneous pacing, synchronized cardioversion, and defibrillation
- Our IV pump provides continuous infusion on three channels per pump
- Advanced medical guidelines
- Stringent educational and experience requirements for staff
We provide 911 emergency medical response to eight counties across Wisconsin and southeast Minnesota.
We provide inter-facility medical transports at the BLS, ALS, and critical care patients. To request this service, please see our Physician Certification Statement (PCS) to start this process.
Critical Care Transport
Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance provides the highest level of care available via its dedicated and highly trained Critical Care Transport teams, which includes specially licensed paramedics and specifically trained EMT’s. In addition to advanced training, our teams have significant experience caring for high acuity and hemodynamically unstable patients. If patient acuity dictates, the team can also include a third crew member.
When is critical care ground transport appropriate?
- For inter-facility and emergency transports
- Patient needs exceed BLS and ALS ambulance levels
- Air transportation is unavailable or not warranted
- Patient requires specialized equipment such as ventilator support, BiPAP, or hemodynamic monitoring
- Advanced medication administration and monitoring is required
Advanced Life Support (ALS) Intercepts
Tri-State has intercept arrangements with ambulance services in Caledonia, Houston, Spring Grove, Rushford, New Albin, Lansing, and Soldier’s Grove. Arrangements with other services are made as needed. The intercept agreement means Tri-State will meet a partner ambulance en route to La Crosse, bringing a higher level of care to the patient for the remainder of the transport.
Neonatal Inter-facility Transports in Cooperation with Gundersen Air
We provide inter-facility in cooperation with Gundersen’s Neonatal transport team. Depending on the patient’s need and weather conditions, transport may be provided by Gundersen AIR helicopter or ground ambulance. Both are equipped with the necessary monitoring, environmental and ventilator support systems to meet the needs of the most critical infant.
Gundersen’s specially trained neonatal transport team includes:
- Board-certified neonatologists/pediatric critical care physicians
- Neonatal nurse practitioner/neonatal transport nurses/neonatal physician assistant
- NICU respiratory therapist
- Flight nurse or flight paramedic
The care of critically ill newborns is a team effort that begins in your facility. We provide specialized education to our regional hospitals on initial newborn resuscitation (NRP) and stabilization for transport (STABLE).
Bike Response Team
Strategic deployment of the Bike Response Team, allows Tri-State Ambulance paramedics and EMT’s to provide basic and advanced life support to the sick and injured during special community events. Responding in teams of two, the paramedics are able to access patients in crowded, and sometimes challenging, environments.
Some events covered by the Tri-State Ambulance Bike Response Team:
- Sand on the Riverfront
- Heart to Heart
- Got Energy? Triathlon
Special Event Coverage
Tri-State Ambulance can be requested for a variety of special events. These can include:
- providing medical coverage for large events
- medical standby’s
- ambulance showings
- educational demonstrations
- drill and exercise participation or evaluation
- station tours
- public speaking events
o Please see our special event request to request our services
Education and Training
As the leader in area emergency medical services, Tri-State Ambulance is an authority on pre-hospital education and training. Partnerships exist with area first responder and basic life support agencies to provide education, training, and certification maintenance. Community education and demonstration events are available and can provide a better understanding of area EMS services. In addition to these services, Tri-State Ambulance education also incorporates the following:
- Western Technical College partnership.
- First Responder training.
- CPR/BLS Training.
- Community training and demos.
- Child bicycle and helmet safety.
- Speakers for community groups.
- Request a Speaking Engagement or Demonstration
AED and Hemorrhage Control Kit Loaner Program
Our AED Loaner Program allows the general public to “check-out” an automated external defibrillator (AED) for group events within our service area. This program is available in the La Crosse and Prairie du Chien service areas.
Research has shown that victims of cardiac arrest have the best chance of survival when CPR and an AED are made available within 5 minutes of onset. Tri-State Ambulance doesn’t take chances when it comes to the health and safety of our citizens. We strongly believe that providing AEDs to events that otherwise wouldn’t have timely access to one will save lives.
Tri-State Ambulance provides consulting services in various areas including EMS operations, collections and reimbursement, and information technology.