Our Team / Our Commitment
Tri-State Ambulance utilizes a team environment where all members work toward the shared goal of providing the highest level of patient care to the largest number of people in the least amount of time. With over forty-five experienced paramedics, Tri-State Ambulance continuously sets the standard for area emergency medical services.
Interesting Facts about Tri-State Ambulance Paramedics
- Number of employees: 56
- Total years of EMS experience at Tri-State Ambulance: 479
- Average years experience at Tri-State Ambulance: 10.7
- Average number of career patients treated per paramedic: 6,420
- Average number of patients treated per paramedic per year: 652
- Percent of Tri-State Ambulance employees certified as EMS Instructors: 33.9
- Percent of Tri-State Ambulance employees with advanced certifications: 63
- Minimum annual continuing education per paramedic: 88 hours
- Minimum annual company-wide continuing education: 4,200 hours
- Number of required certifications required per paramedic: 7
In addition to the board of directors, Tri-State Ambulance utilizes a director of operations who assures the highest state of responsiveness to our communities needs.
Director of Operations – Tom Tornstrom
Operations Supervisor – Jay Clark
In addition to field personnel and management, the smooth operation of Tri-State Ambulance is ensured through our team of billing center staff and customer service representatives.
Board of Directors
Tri-State Ambulance, Inc. is governed by a dedicated board of directors made up community, health care and business leaders. Our Board of Directors provides the strategic direction for Tri-State Ambulance.
- Jim Klock, Administrative Director – Emergency Services and Urology, Gundersen Lutheran Healthcare
- Vice President
- Mike Poellinger, Owner, Poellinger Construction; Mayor, City of La Crescent, MN
- Bryan Erdmann, Administrative Director, Gundersen Lutheran Healthcare
- Community Member
- Kyle Bakkum, Administrator, Vernon Memorial Healthcare, Vernon County
- Community Member
- Mike Kittleson, Retired, Trempealeau County
- Ex-Officio Member
- Eric W. Voter, M.D., FACEP; EMS Medical Director