Our Team / Our CommitmentTri-State Ambulance utilizes a team environment where all members work toward the shared goal of providing the highest level of patient care to the largest number of people in the least amount of time. With over sixty experienced paramedics, Tri-State Ambulance continuously sets the standard for area emergency medical services.
Interesting Facts about Tri-State Ambulance Paramedics
- Tri-State Ambulance employs nearly 100 EMS providers
- Each of ur EMS providers treat and transport hundreds of patients per year
- Nearly a third of our EMS providers are also certified EMS instructors
- Many of our EMS providers hold advanced certifications including certification in critical care
- All of our EMS providers complete annual continuing education
- Classes are offered both internally and through conferences
- Subjects include basic and advanced care methods, cardiac resuscitation, pediatrics, and critical care
ManagementIn addition to the board of directors, Tri-State Ambulance utilizes a leadership team which assures the highest state of responsiveness to our communities needs.
Executive Director - Tom Tornstrom Ph. 608-782-2282
Revenue Cycle Manager - Tyler Stapleton Ph. 608-519-3346
Regional Operations Supervisor - Walt Zehr Ph. 608-519-3345
Operations Supervisor - Nick Eastman Ph. 608-784-8827
Operations Supervisor - Eric Ellis Ph. 608-784-8827
Support StaffIn addition to field personnel and management, the smooth operation of Tri-State Ambulance is ensured through our team of billing center and administrative staff and customer service representatives. Our in-house fleet manager is integral in ensuring vehicles remain ready for service.
Board of DirectorsTri-State Ambulance, Inc. is governed by a dedicated board of directors made up community, health care, and business leaders. Our Board of Directors provides the strategic direction for Tri-State Ambulance.
- Jim Klock, Administrative Director - Emergency Services, Gundersen Health Systems
- Vice President
- Mike Poellinger, Owner, Poellinger Construction; Mayor, City of La Crescent, MN
- Bryan Erdmann, Vice President, Clinical Operations and Regional System, Gundersen Health Systems
- Board Member
- Beth Smith-Houskamp, Vice President, CNO and Hospital Administrator, Gundersen Health Systems
- Community Member
- Kyle Bakkum, Chief Executive Officer, Vernon Memorial Healthcare, Vernon County
- Community Member
- Mike Kittleson, Retired Hospital Administrator, Trempealeau County
- Ex-Officio Member
- Christopher Eberlein, MD, EMS Medical Director